DOCUMENTING FOR OUR FAMILY, FRIENDS & INNOCENT BYSTANDERS,
THE SIGHTS, SOUNDS AND TASTES OF OUR VARIOUS ADVENTURES.

HI THERE AND WELCOME!!!
You were probably directed here by
some mis-guided soul who thought
that you could use a chuckle or two.
See how The NOWAT series' began at:
Click on any Blue Link in each post for more details.
View a slide show of this NOWAT on the right.
Or
just click the link below
NOWAT CARIB 2014 Album
Then click the Options link on the upper right for a slideshow.
w.


SO - ON THE WAY TO COURT...

Afternoon Delight
Cocktails and Moonlit nights
That dreamy look in your eye

Give me a tropical contact high
Way down in Kokomo


WHILE SORTING THE LATEST ToDo LIST - THE PHONE RANG AND...
"Good Afternoon Mr Mercurio, This is Monica from the Broward County Clerk of the Court's Office."
"Uhhh Hi, Tell me you have good news for me?"
"I'm just returning your call Sir, how may I help you."
"Oh, well, I was just checking on the status of my request to have my Jury Service postponed until after July. Did you get it-My ID Number is xxx-xxx-xxx?"
"Hmmm, oh here it is, but Mr Mercurio, we just got it yesterday and the mail hasn't gone out yet!"
"Oh... sorry about that, I did the online form after 5PM Friday, guess it didn't clear until yesterday, sorry."
"Not to Worry Mr. Mercurio/  I am pleased to inform you that you have been permanently excused and will receive a confirmation in the Mail shortly."
"Permanently??? I just wanted it postponed until after July."
"We understand Sir, however the County Clerk noted that you are over "{fill in the blank}" years old and entitled to a permanent excuse, and he closed your file.   Will there be anything else Sir?"
"Wellll- Uh... No - But thank you and Thank Mr Forman for me. Ciao"

Well now... after researching it a little further, I found that there was 2 choices,
v      Excused this time - postponed for another date 
v      Excused Permanently due to age 
and the Nice Clerk of The Courts made the choice for me, so all is well in Chucky's world and we’re good to go for the cruise.

Nothing much else is shaking around here lately, at least she hasn’t gone into “Panic Mode 3” yet where half the closet winds up on the bed as she starts to sort daily outfits and what not to take.  That will also be the time the Good Will Bag starts to fill up again ‘cause this and that ain’t quite “Que Cute” enough to keep.  Which of course will trigger the start of the “Mall Runs” and you just know there will not be “Just a couple” of those. 

Oh and of course she hasn’t yet headed out for the Formal Night shoes, since she hasn’t figured out which nights they are and what she plans to take… or Buy to take… or  W H A T E V E R!!!

Actually most of her attention has been devoted the Grandsons and Summer Swim Classes –Which they L O V E and Summer Reading/Math homework which is NOT being appreciated by said young boys.  Oh well…. They’ll get over it.

Me?  I'm just idling away in the Bat Cave – my lists have all been done, necessary apparel already selected, [Hey – its swim trunks, flip flops and tee shirts – what else do you need for a Caribbean cruise] and specialty supplies assembled, so I guess its time for a little Scotch…
Well it IS 5 o’clock somewhere {Hummmmm}
Key Largo, Montego, baby why don't we go?


Ciao 4 Now,
Uncle Chuck & The Just Oblivious to all the Planning..
Dragon Lady 

No comments:

Post a Comment